NEWSLETTERS - Everest Expedition 2009

Newsletter 26 April 2009

All of our team and their gear (apart from Alec and Amanda) eventually arrived in Kathmandu in time to fly to Lukla on schedule on the 31st of March. Alec and Amanda live in Alaska and their flights out were delayed due to the recent volcanic activities there. Because of bad weather in Lukla, they then could not fly until this morning, so they now will not be able to catch up with the rest of the team until BC.

The bad weather has also delayed the last helicopter flight of equipment, and this is now due to leave Kathmandu on the 5th of April with arrival at BC at the same time as the main team.

More news once I get to BC and catch up with the rest of the team.